Having just returned from Orlando Florida where I played, amongst others, Disney PALM and MAGNOLIA courses, both of which hosted numerous PGA tournaments. Winners have been Nicklaus (3 times) Tiger Woods, Mark O Meara et al.
These courses are quite exceptional and hence extremely well patronized. Whilst I guess I am prejudiced, I have to say that PBCC currently is in better condition and indeed aesthetically as appealing.
On Saturday last week I played that classic course Maccuvlei, the home course of the Schwartzel’s, and as it is winter on the Highveld it made me realise how special our course is, and how priveledged we are playing here in August.
Well done Management and staff.
UPDATE ON THE STATUS OF THE KNOCK OUTS
Individual Knock out
The individual knock out round 4 has been completed on schedule.
- The semi final players are Bruce Klette (a past champion) against Tony Taylor and ……
- Youthful, Rhys Miller who finds himself against veteran and former British Amateur player and club champion — Tim Randon .
Bruce has been the epitome of steadiness in the individual and Tony is going to need to be at his best to get through.
Tim had a blinder against Jannie Naude, however the young Miller will be coming off an outdoor team building exercise and this is certain to be a great contest
Better-ball Knock out
- The Andre Zoutendyk / Peter Becker combination won a nail biter aga
inst Tony Manderson and Rob Luscombe and they will meet the winners of ..
- Brian Cross /John Bluett who take on our legend Les Bergh and sweet swinger Johan Coetzee (Due to be played this Saturday)
- Dave Harrow has been out injured for 2 months but makes his comeback with Nigel Tipping and they are scheduled to come up against Clifton Lamini and his partner
- The Kimberley boys play Tim Timson and Rob May, due on deadline day — Monday 8th
So all still on schedule
Thanks to ALL players for their commitment to the deadlines